Tuesday, February 07, 2006

PASSED EXAM!!!

I know I already wrote a post today but there's so much going on I just felt like writing another one. One thing is sure so far; I must have set a record in registring at the uni today. I managed to get it all done in one day. I started out going with J to campus in the morning but the office was closed so I had a cup of coffee and ten or so ciggarettes. Then I went back to the office and got my application form and the paper that I should hand to the Aids test center. After that I took a taxi that was expensive even by Swedish standards, but at least it got me there. Getting ripped off is after all a big part of the Middle Eastern experiance. At the center I had to first visit the "library" to have my picture taken and to make some photocopies of my passport. Then this guy at the center stuck a needle in to one of my veins and poured a couple of liters of my blood in to a tube. That wasn't too bad though, I've had worse, I have a small brother for God's sake. Then it was on to the embassy to get a paper stating that they have no objecions to me studying at the uni, which they hadn't but they told me to stay inside today, which I didn't. Now I was really getting hungry but food is a luxury best enjoyed at a later time. Instead I did some emailing and updated this page. When I finished that I went to the souq to buy some workout clothes and towels, yet again I was ripped off harder than a grandma in a Morrocan bazaar. At least I got everything I wanted before heading back to the center to get my result and I'm happy to say that I passed my first test here, the results came back negative, which I think was positive. With no time to spare I headed straight back to uni, got a hold of a pen to fill out my application form and handed everything in. All accomplished in just a little bit more than five hours. Good going boy! After all that I was so tired and out of cash that I had to go back home to pick some up. Too bad for me neither I or the cab driver knew where I'm staying so all of the money I had on me was spent getting almost back. I had to walk the last part. But I don't complain, that wouldn't just be me now would it?

For those of you that feel like you need my new Syrian number, please send me an email.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

du verkar inte riktig vara vän med din blog. se över tidszon inställningar och tänk på länkar och så. trist det där med ditt evakuerade dömjobb.

8:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home