Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Half-way through hell-week

For some reason that I really don't care about, but am aware of, the mudir of our part of uni decided that we should end our courses one day earlier than planned. That brought with it that we had to go to school one a day that wasn't supposed to be a school day. That day happened to be last saturday and it was also our mid-course test so it didn't seem like the best idea in the world to skip it either...

I had planned to spend most every hour of last week studying. Mostly because that's what I usually do but also because of the exam. Then I hadn't really counted on the possibility of some old friend showing up from Sweden. He's here to study so I don't have to babysit him or anything but it's still way much more fun to hang out with Swedes than to study Arabic, then again most anything is more fun than studying Arabic...

Since we only had Friday off last week I didn't seem like such a great idea to do anything serious on Thursday night, the plan was just to have dinner with some people. Of course there was someone leaving and we had to say goodbye to him. Then no one really disliked the idea to go to this kind of nice beer garden right by bab sharqi. There aren't really that many places that serve beer outside around here. Just a beer or two is never that bad. So when the place closed two beers later the clock wasn't really that late so some German girl came with the proposal that maybe everyone should go on to some place that was open a bit later. Ok we said and then every plan to study seriously on Friday was lost since it's not allowed to leave Cave too early. Damn, damn, damn. But I did at least make it in time for the exam on Saturday morning. Thanks to a taxi I'd like to add.

WARNING Bragging ahead

If you believe everything that I wrote above (it's all true by the way) it might come as a bit of a shock that I had the best result in the test. That's just the way I am though.

Now I'm yet again pretending to study for my exam that I have next week. Pretending to study is the best way of studying I think. Maybe I did overdo my studying before because I really like to only study an extra two to three hours a day outside of school. I know It's not enough and I'll have to do something about it but this week I'm fine with it. It's a really long week to I'd like you to remember.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rap stars like to show off,they brag alot.they brag about their fast cars,the ice on their wrists,the mansions that they have...etc,somehow they have the right to brag cause all the things that they have are beautiful and expensive.
You also like to brag but that doesnt make you a rapstar that makes you a bookworm star,oh p.l.e.a.s.e. man for God's sake what are you bragging about Mr,you are bragging about being a geek,what is this world coming to when somebody brags about being a bookworm?
But in this case if I want to compare you to a rap star I wouldn't find a better artist than Will Smith,so please play some of his music,drink your milk and sleep early so you can wake up early and go to school.

12:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home