Friday, April 21, 2006

Back at the Cliff

Jordan, I'm finally here. I actually thought I might never end up going at all. I decided that I had to come here about a week ago and that I'd try to get a taxi from Damascus to Amman.

So two days ago I was going to Beit Jebri to say goodbye to my German flatmate Sven and as I was entering the place some people was leaving and they we're speaking Swedish. Since I never speak Swedish anymore I just shouted: Hey Sweden to them. Then I ended up speaking with these three Swedes for about twenty minutes and since they were also going to Amman the next day we deceided to share a cab. So yesterday I met up with them, One woman and a her daughter and also the mother's collegue from work, to go to Amman. All in all it was a quite easy trip, despite the Jordanian border being very slow.

I got to the Cliff at about half past seven and still ended up having to wait a bit for Jenni. It was ok since I had the time to say hi to Samer and taking a shower before she showed up. As it is it is always nice to meet someone from the old crew and when ever I do we end up talking for hours about the strangest things. I guess someplaces do that to you.

We ended up going to books@cafe which is a bookstore/restaurant in Downtown Amman. I was very shocked at the amount of books they sold and in English too. Amazing I had almost forgotten that there existed books in English.

We were supposed to go to Karak today and check out the castle but since the busdriver wouldn't get going until the bus was full and we were about five people on it we decided against it. So I'll just spend the rest of the day shopping at the supermarket and the bookstores. Maybe I'll even drop by Burger King for a burger or something. A little taste of the West, or whatever you call it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home