Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Keeping it Real

Yeah we did that “Power Hour” thing. I can't say that I'm proud of it but we did it. We planned to carry it out between ten and eleven monday night but as all things around here it got delayed for 45 minutes or so. We had this free room in mine and Lukes house so we did it there. I think that something like 20 people showed up but not everyone even tried the big drinking game. To be even fairly hones only Noah and Jamie and maybe the two Turkish guys tried to do all 60 shots. Personally I think that might have been to overdo it a bit but then again I didn't even try. I still got fairly drunk so the stereotype party wasn's such a miss after all. On the other hand Noah was the only person there that put any effort in to the dressing thing. The party went on till about three o'clock and then everyone either went home or to Domino to continue partying. I was one of those that went home instead.

So yesterday I woke up with what I thought was the hangover of a lifetime. If everything had gone as planned me, Noah and Valeria should have gone to Beirut for the holliday but me and Noah had a meeting around one and decided that today would be a much better day to go. As it comes I didn't even go today because I never started to feel any better all day yesterday and I was freezing all the time. So I started to harass Luke in to feeling my forehead but he just kept making fun of me being hungover until he actually felt it and went like: Hey boy you're burning up there.

I spent most of the rest of the day in bed trying to speak with all the people that came to visit me. Then again, when my flatmate Ben came by he was very clear on there being no visitors. It came as a bit of a shock since I was very sure on there being so many people coming and going all the time.

Anyway, some people did actually come by. Mostly because Luke was leaving for the states but at least Omar brought me some yellowish custard thing and a can of Sprite. Eating has been a big problem for the last two days and it's not really getting better.

Today I woke up feeling a little better but I still felt like shit. But then Annika came by with my computer and Lawrence came by with some Paracetamol and orange juice. He then went home again and came back with chocolate croaissants and a pack of noodles. The pills made me feel all better, at least for a while. Feeling better was cool since I was able to hang out with Lina and Lawrence for a while, I might not have left my room all day but it was still cool. Another guy that lives here, Ahmed, was having practice for a play he's setting up in two weeks so there were a bunch of actors here as well. It's good when you don't have to leave your house to speak Arabic.

Finally I made Omar run by Nas house to get me a thermometer, I could of course bought one but they only sell quicksilver thermometers here and I don't think that's a superior option for the environment. Then again, Nas wasn't home but her roommate Talia had one too. That was really cool sinceit was in celsius. I only had 38 degrees (that's 100.4 to you non-metric system people) but I thank the paracetamol for that. I think I'll have some more soon. Hopefully I'll be fine by tomorrow or the day after. I'm a little sad though that I didn't get to see Lebanon this time either. Maybe next holliday. Or I'll just go for a weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home