Friday, March 10, 2006

Have you ever seen the rain?

I finally got what was comming for me. After all those mails mocking people back home about how warm and sunny it is here and that I never leave the house with anything more than a t-shirt on the rain finally hit me. And the rain brought wind and cold tempearatures. I was compleatley sure that I would freeze to death, alternativley that my apartment would blow away (yes I live on the top floor). Today is a little better but it's still colder than it was only three days ago.

A cold weather calls for a warm night though. The plan was to meet up with some of the guys from uni to drink a beer or two but when it comes to Luke and Noah a beer or two just won't cut it so we all ended up at Cave de Baal. It really lives up to it's name being a cross over of a really old house and a cave compleate with the sacrificial bowl and all. It makes all goth clubs in Europe look like Starbucks, then again the clientel at the club make people at a Western Starbucks look like goths so I guess it all evens out in the end.
That said the place was really cool and much cheaper than Domino and the bar also had a way superior assortment. I was even able to order an almost-ragnar (that would be Absolut Kurant, 7up and Limejuice, it should be only lime but they don't have that here). It was yet again a very fun night in the Damascus night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Euridice said...

hey you- too bad no jordan this time. so jealous, i wish i was in damascus! here it is sunny/warm/hurricane/freezing/snowing/raining all in the same day...so at least we don't have to deal with anything for very long!

12:29 AM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

Damascus rain is NEVER to be forgotten ;)

Welcome to the blogsphere.

btw, Your blog has been added to Syria Planet
www.syplanet.com

Syria Planet is the online portal for Syrian Bloggers and Expat bloggers living in Syria.

Enjoy ur stay, and keep blogging.. ;)

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home