Sunday, February 19, 2006

First day of school

Today was the day, the day to separate the boys from the men. I'm proud to say that I'm not a boy but not yet a man. The class was kind of disorientated as well as chaotic. People kept on comming in during the day and it was more or less impossible to tell how many we are. I'd make a guess and say somwhere between eight and ten. The biggest Arabic class I've been in for years... The teacher spoke very clear and good Arabic. I'm sorry to say that the students didn
t. It became quite clear to me and Werner, the Austrian guy, that we might be in a level or two too low. Anyway I heard one word I didn't know from before. Which for a four hour day can't be seen as too bad. If everything goes on in that speed I'll learn somwhere like a hundred word these six months. There're a lot of people out there who knows less than that. Other than that I must say that I was most impressed with those of the students that only studied Arabic for three months. Had I known that much after three months I have no idea how much I'd know today. One thing is at least for sure: I'll never study Arabic in Sweden again.

Everything else is fine. I went to the gym again today. Four times in one week is quite ok. I also had some chicken sandwiches so I have to go tomorrow again :) Now I'm of for coffee at inhouse. I'll make sure to harras them in to selling me an ashtray too. They've refused for a while now but I have a feeling that they're about to budge.

3 Comments:

Blogger x said...

Why don't you write your blog in arabic? Could be good practice!

Anyways, just a suggestion. Hope you are enjoying your time in Syria, I sure miss home.

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Zena said...

Goodluck with school.

1:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hej, kul att se att du har det bra och verkar trivas med det mesta utom taxichaffisarna. Hann ju tyävrr inte ses innan du åkte men någon gång får man väl se dig i alla fall. Jag har flyttat tillbaka till Gotland (igen!) eftersom jag fick jobb här (erbjudandet kom dagen efter jag skrivit på kontrakt för lägenhet i sthlm samt varit på anställningsintervju). Men jag gillar ju att släpa saker över Östersjön så det är lugnt. Ska jobba natt, får väl se hur det går. Kanske blir som du;)
Ha det himla bra, sluta röka bara.

4:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home