Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Going Social

It's been a while since I last wrote something here. It's not really my fault though, mostly it's because I've been unable to access this page. So don't blame me, blame the isp here or maybe blogger :)

Anyway, the last couple of days have been really nice. The weather is getting better again and I'm atleast pretending to meet people. I've also had a problem with sleeping, or rather, I've been sleeping too much. That made me a bit nervous about today since I had a placement test early in the morning. But I got up in time and everything. I've also had time to go to the gym and hanging out some more with the danes. They're all very good people, but their reputation sucks.
I've also registerd with the embassy so now my precense here is known. I guess they care about as much as anyone else about that.

Today I had, as i wrote before, the placement test. IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO HARD!!! I couldn't even believe it. Ok, I haven't studied Arabic for a year and of course I've forgotten a lot but this was insane. Still there are those that are worse than me but I won't be in any of the higher levels. This does actually come as a bit of a surprise since I still speak rather well. I mean; I've managed to negotiate an apartment deal and I do most everything in Arabic but when it comes to modern standard I'm so lost I can't belive it.

After all parts of the test I went with some other foreigners, one German guy, one Check girl and two Brittons to eat and have coffee. They all seem like really nice people and I might see them again at a party tonight. Apparantly a lot of the foreigners living in the old city are getting together for tonight. And since I'm never one to say no to a good party I'll be there. Maybe I'll even have my first clash with my landlord tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home