Sunday, March 05, 2006

Time to leave

Ok, it's not as serious as it might sound at first. I'm just going to Jordan for a couple of days. My visa is running out and I have to either leave the country for a couple of days or go to the ministry of immigration and visas. A seven hour busride to Amman seem to be the best option... Beirut would probably be a quicker option but since I'll be visiting a friend in Jordan I'll probably have more fun there (ok, it's not possible to have fun in Jordan, I allready know that. Amman is and will always be the most boring place on earth. Even the drying paint channel wouldn't do a spot about it...). Considering that everybody seem to agree on that Amman is so boring I'm very disapointed that I missed that travel program where they let an old tv-reporter do a spot on his favourite city in the world and he picked Amman... And yes it was on public service... In Sweden...

My biggest point with this is though that it won't be very likely that I'll send any postcards from Damascus but I most probably do that from Jordan so if anyone wants any postcards please send me an email and I'll send you a postcard, maybe. This applies to everyone that hasn't actually given me a piece of paper with their address on. Previous emails not included...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lina said...

hmmm... ok this is not the first time I hear people saying that Amman is a boring place. Now I don't know if it's just because it's always been my city, but honestly, there is so much more to Amman than all of you know :)

Oh well, I hope you do come.. and perhaps I'd give you Lina's guide to exploring this intriguing multi-layer contradictory city, and may be you'd have a different opinion :p

10:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home