Monday, February 27, 2006

Note to self

always bring earpluggs... Yes we went to that club last friday and it was cool but the sound was so loud that I couldn't stay for as long as I had wanted. But I'm pretty sure we're going back there. It's kind of nice to go to someplace that's not barsaloon...

I also handed in my computer for service today. Not only was the place an authorized reseller for Apple but the guy had also changed the harddrive on atleast one other iBook... And not only do I get a bigger and better one than the last one but he also offered to recover my old one and try to make it in to an external harddrive and that without charging any extra. All in all it will cost me 10.000 lira which is about as much as a new harddrive, without installation, would cost in Sweden so it was a good deal I think...

Other great things include the weather turning for the better, I don't even have to sleep with my sock on anymore. And that's very good since I managed to brake my washing machine. I hope it will be fixed in the next couple of days but for now I'm bying underwear in bulk...

So far I've been able to get to school in time this week but I still don't learn anything while I'm there. Instead I spend most of my spare time watching al-jazeera and reading al-sharq al-awsat and al-arabi. And drinking coffee at inhouse of course. They still haven't given me an ashtray but I'm working on it. First I tried to buy one but that was not possible so they offered to give me a chipped one, tomorrow. The sad thing is that tomorrow never seem to come around over here.

I shouldn't say that I don't learn anything in school. I've actually learned a couple of things. The most important I've learnt I learned today and that is that "den som lever far se" also is an arabic proverb. You learn something everyday (and they're not all like sunday by the way) I like to say.

I'm trying to improve myself here so I'm going to give you a little preview of what's comming in the future; The Rolling Stones and the Arabs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of loud music did the dj turn at the club? looking forward to the text about the stones, did you hear about the large crowed jagger and co pulled in rio.
have a nice day /mats

12:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home