Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Mending the broken

We all met this guy outside the place you go to to get a permission to visit Quneitra. I ended up not going there but the rest went and that guy went along with them. He was an American just visiting the country. A couple of days later me and Werner ran into him on the street again. I was looking for this place that might be able to repair my computer. He then told me that he had this American friend who'd had just the same problem with her Powerbook and that she'd had it fixed here in Damascus. I just went bombasticly extatic and handed him my email and asked me to send directions. Werner then bet me a beer that he'd never send it. But the good thing is that he did. The bad thing is that his friend hasn't had her computer fixed yet. So now I'm just sitting here waiting for more news. Maybe I too should go out and look for someone. Nay, why do things yourself when other people can do it for you?

School has been going on for a couple of days now and everyone seem to agree on that I'm in the wrong level. Everyone except the teacher that is. Whenever she says something she just looks at me and ask me if I understand and everytime I just nodd and say "of course". Anyway, I don't spend too much time on my homework and that gives me the time to go to the gym and also to read more interesting stuff than "al-kitab al-asasi". We're doing political systems of the Arab world now... They seem to be the best in the world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home