Tuesday, March 14, 2006

All moved out part 2

Sometimes things just doesn't work out as planned. The worst times are when you're really tied up in somthing you just doesn't want. My apartment and my six month contract started to become more and more like that. I was really happy with the place at first having my own apartment with everything you need in it. It was also kind of far away from the old city and the rest of the foreigners so I thought I would end up speaking more Arabic. Then the problems started to pile up. First of all no one in my building ever even said hi to me and if I ever passed by their apartments they would just close their doors. Then my landlord started to act kind of strangley being sort of very rude at times. I also found out that hanging out in the old city was kind of fun and that it's a damn good place to speak Arabic with people. Not like Meze, nothing like Meze actually. But then again if I came home late I would hear my neightbors lock their doors at the same time as I opened mine... In the end I came to the conclusion that the only thing I could possibly do was to move. Having a six month contract doesn't really make that to possible though. But I had a good conversation with my landlord and since I've paid him a total three months of rent he was ok with me moving.

Now I'm sharing a room with an American in the Old City but I'll get my own one next week. It's in Hussein's special house for his friends so I already knew some of the people that live there but I still had to go and introduce myself to the other people living there because no one is allowed to have any objections against the people moving in there. So it's a bit different than the other houses around but atleas the people living there are cool and it's clean and it also has a huge courtyard. Not as good as a balcony but it will have to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ghalia said...

You've nice blog here, I wounder where did u find syrian speak to a foreigner in Arabic!

10:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home