Monday, April 17, 2006

Breaking Circles

So from complaining about my mundane existance to complaining about it changing. I guess I'm just the kind of guy that's never satisfied about anything...

It just struck me that more or less all of the people I've been hanging out with lately either already left or will leave in the next two weeks. Of course there'll be new people coming but I don't think it'll be the same.

At least I came up with a new way of adding to my study time since it's been kind of hard to find the time to increase it. Flashcards might be good for busrides but they get boring every now and then so I went out and bought some books that are published in both English and Arabic. That's really good for bed and trips since I don't need any dictionary to read them.

Other than that I'm just hoping for rain since the city is still very dusty from the sand rain. It makes it seem even more like a ghost town. Because in so many ways Damascus really looks like one. It's not that dirty, by comparison to other third world cities it's not dirty at all and there's always all these people out cleaning the streets so it looks rather ok. But all other kinds of maintainance have been left completely neglected so the houses look really really old despite being sometimes just twenty years old. A lot of them would benefit from some paint and others from someone just stopping the water leaks... Still, I really like this city, but I'll go for a road trip next weekend. That will give me something to write about...

Today was also Independance day. Sixty years of independance. I thought about going to Quneitra and check the festivities but I went to Inhouse and studied instead. Always, the party animal. So I missed the entire party. Then again, I got to see everyone celebraiting Easter yesterday so I don't have to see another celebration again in my life. The last couple of weeks have been nothing but days of from school because of the Prophet's birthday, Easter and Independance. Next week is another Easter and there are even rumors that there was some kind of Easter last weekend. I take some pride in not caring about anything else than my studies though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home