Monday, April 03, 2006

The day of yellow rain

First the most important thing: Me myself and I. My health is now very fine indeed. I might still not have much of an appetite, but then again that's most probably just for the better.

Day before yesterday was kind of strange since we got hit by the sandy rain. It's not the best thing to ever happen, especially not to my bedcover that was still drying. But the sky got really yellow and so did all the cars... This thing apparently doesn't happen every year in Damascus so I feel very special, or at least a bit yellow.

Being sick made me fail to mention that a new course has started. We're eleven students this time around and only three are new so it's mostly the same old people. But since they're all so nice I'm not one to complain.

There were a lot of people from other classes that left the uni though. mostly because it's almost the same price to have a private tutor as to study there. That made a whole bunch of people think both once and twice about staying. Private teacher isn't really an option for me though so I stayed and I'll stay through out the summer.

New courses usually means new people as well. This time around there aren't as many Italians around though. Almost all of the new students actually seem to be German. Not that I'm one to have any negative ideas about Germans, and them being here means that maybe there will be some moose signs left in Sweden at the end of the summer...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey niklas, now you will have a chance of practice your german language skills from school.
auf wider sen / mats
(not sure about the spelling)

6:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home