Friday, April 07, 2006

Keeping busy

I'd like to say that my new course is very hard, but that would be I lie. Then again our new teacher gives us so much homework that you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much. There are some positive things about that though since it forces me to review the material of the course rather than just spending my days with newspapers and bad books.

At this point my studies take up about six to ten hours of an ordinary day but I think i'll have to up that to ten to twelve hours a day. I'm just not making enough of a progress as it is. When I do the math in my head that i'll just learn three times of what I've learnt so far during this trip I tend to get a bit anxious. I'll just never learn this language.

Taking my time to study doesn't really stop me from hanging out as well. Usually for a couple of hours each night or going to strange clubs or parties in the weekends. You must be allowed to relax every now and then.

I'm going to try to get some pictures of Damascus here in a couple of days. I'll try to find some "alternative" ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home