Saturday, June 03, 2006

Generation Terrorists

Ok so we had a "terrorist attack" here in Damascus yesterday. Some guys carrying way to many guns for their own good was spotted trying to "infiltrate" en empty building. Since they even failed to do that I guess it wasn't the Al-Qaida masterminds that were out last morning. What I've read and heard four of the terrorist and one guy from the security forces were killed and some others were wounded. No bystanders though, thanks God.

The only Syrian newspaper to come out on Saturdays is Tishriin but I only read the frontpage and it didn't say so much since they had to use half of it showing pictures of dead bodies and weapons. It seem like the terrorist were carrying everything from M-16s to nunchakas. No wonder they got shot, I would guess that they had a hard time walking around carrying all that shit.

The paper did make a point of them carrying American made weapons though and so did Syrian tv yesterday. I wouldn't care to much about that when you consider the extensive smuggling that goes on between here and Lebanon though. These days it's probably easier to come by an M-16 than an AK-47. Not that I would know though.

All in all I'd say that thing in Canada seem to be way much worse so Syria is still quite high on my list of safe countries. The traffic and the heat not considered then, of course. Sometimes I also feel that the alleys of the old city might kill me to. Just getting lost and dying of starvation seem to be so possible...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

every time I have free time I read your essays
you write in good united way
also also when it comes to the topics
you have the good knowledge
reading also nice your essays
they are in right order
also the nice way unique way
in the mornin and noon
we read and enjoy in nice way
the benefit also ,knowledge
that we find in all the essays
the nice essays that we read
keep on writing,essays for us

4:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

syria safer than canada? are you kidding me??!!

8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home