Sunday, August 27, 2006

Homeage to Inhouse

Some people have told me during my time here in Damascus that I most probably spend way too much time at Inhouse. They are most probably right so here comes my defence.

A long time ago I spent a year in a Godforgotten Arab village. It was nice and fun in all possible way but I also discovered that I really missed two things; one was cucumber-water. Something that is quite ubiquitous in Swedish coffeshops but completely unknown around here. I can't say that I've missed that this time around though, maybe because the second thing I missed that time; real, black coffe, has been so prevalent...

I can't lie, I love coffee. Maybe as much as I love nicotine, but only maybe. At least I'm very much aware of my addictions... If there is one thing you can get at Inhouse it's ok coffee. I'm not going to say that it's amazing in anyway but it's cool, I'm down with it. A couple of two dollar coffees a day and I'm already broke. Might as well just cut my hair and get a job.

Inhouse is also great for many other reasons. It has been a place where I've met lots of Syrians and I spoke so much Arabic there that it feels like coffee is better than private lessons, on the other hand that is most probably always true...

The study area in the Qassa branch is also something I can recommend. Will you believe me if I say that they enforce the ban on smoking there? Probably not but I still say it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home